Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Pixy Friends for Little Pixies

Pixyworld fairy swing top with shortsIt's not hard to see the logic behind Pixyworld doing a collection called Pixy Friends. There's something irresistible about the idea of magical people, when children are concerned.

My inspirations for this collection, besides my own little pixies, were C.S. Lewis' The Chronicles of Narnia and Johhny Gruelle's Raggedy Ann & Andy stories. My own children love these stories, wanting them read aloud, and then reading them on their own as soon as they are old enough.

I fell in love with the fairy embroidered on this dress as soon as I saw her. The color scheme I chose for this collection, which is my most pastel, still has the satisfying richness of periwinkle against gold. Perfect for fairy-land, I'd say!

2 comments:

  1. Chinese Made Easy for Kids with a proven method that engages children for Learning Chinese speaking and writing including knowing 170 Chinese characters from memory. Part of a 9-level series that is used by schools and by home schoolers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kieran Lewis angel investments I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here.

    ReplyDelete